Our skin is the largest organ in our body and produces oil in order to function properly. When we use harsh or even mild facial cleaners/lotions/products they strip our face of it’s natural oils. Our skin is then forced to compensate by producing more oil. An over production of oil will clog our pores- causing acne-and leave our skin feeling/looking oily.
There are many reasons why our skin can benefit from oil-cleansing.
- Oil dissolves oil
- It will dissolve the oil that has hardened throughout the day and stuck in your pores
- Naturally keeps your skin supple and moisturized
- Easily removes make up
- Cheaper than buying facial products
- It’s a cleanser, make-up remover and moisturizer all in one!
- Helps even out skin tone
- 100% Natural
The routine goes like this:
- Let your faucet run, so the water gets pretty hot.
- Gently rub a quarter size amount on your face for about a minute. Make sure to massage it in and not scrub it.
- Run a washcloth under the faucet. (You want the water to be hot enough, but not too hot where you’ll burn yourself. If it’s to hot I just air it out for a second. This part is important, because it has to be hot enough to cause a steaming effect that helps to remove the dirt form your pores.) Leave the washcloth over your face until it’s cooled down, about a minute.
- Wash your hands
- Gently wipe off the oil using the washcloth.
- Your skin will probably look nice an supple and will probably be a little red from the steam.
You only need to do this at night. Splash your face with cold water in the morning. If you workout in the morning/afternoon and your skin feels congested wipe it with some Witch Hazel and apply a tiny dab of the oil mixture to keep skin moisturized and from over-compensating in oil production.
Original Post: http://www.healthydiaries.com/2012/07/17/how-i-improved-my-skin-acne-scaring-overall-complexion/