Eating healthy snacks throughout the day is important to keep your metabolism going and to give you energy throughout your busy day's on set and at casting call's and auditions. These yummy lemon raspberry muffins are the perfect treat for just that! Make them at home ahead of time and take with you on-the-go for a healthy low sugar, high protein snack!
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup plain Greek yogurt (lots of protein!)
1/3 cup canola oil
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups white whole-wheat flour or whole-wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) raspberries
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 12 large (1/2-cup) muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Step 2: Use a vegetable peeler to remove the zest from the lemon in long strips. Combine the zest and sugar in a food processor; pulse until the zest is very finely chopped into the sugar.
- Step 3: Add yogurt, oil, egg, and vanilla. Pulse until blended
- Step 4: Combine whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add the yogurt mixture and fold until almost blended. Gently fold in raspberries. Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
- Step 5: Bake the muffins until the edges and tops are golden, 18 to 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for five minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm.
Makes a dozen muffins.
Post a Comment